Trish Stratus returns to action on May 27th.
The match between the WWE Hall of Famer and Becky Lynch has now been officially announced by WWE to take place at the Night of Champions Premium Live Event.
A contract signing took place on the May 22nd edition of WWE Raw, making the match official for Saudi Arabia.
This will be the first time that Stratus has competed inside a WWE ring since WrestleMania, where the former WWE Women’s Champion teamed with Lita and Lynch to defeat Damage CTRL.
The alliance broke down on the April 10th edition of WWE Raw, where then Women’s Tag Team Champions Becky and Lynch and Lita were set to defend the titles against the team of Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez. Lita was knocked backstage by an unknown attacker, putting the match into jeopardy.
Stratus opted to take the place of Lynch in the match, which ultimately led to the team losing to Rodriguez and Morgan. Stratus attacked Lynch after the bell.
The updated line-up for Night of Champions is as follows:
- Seth Rollins vs. AJ Styles – Singles match where the winner will be crowned the new World Heavyweight Champion
- Brock Lesnar vs. Cody Rhodes
- Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns and Solo Sikoa – Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships.
- Gunther (c) vs. Mustafa Ali – Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka – Singles match for the Raw Women’s Championship
- Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus
Featured image: WWE