Two more matches have been added to the SummerSlam card, with both matches having championship implications.
The first match added will see Liv Morgan defend the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Ronda Rousey. At the Money in the Bank Premium Live Event, Liv Morgan would cash-in the contract won earlier in the night to defeat Rousey and win the title. As Rousey had just competed before the cash-in, the now former champion has requested a rematch to see if Morgan can win while the baddest woman on the planet is at full strength. The match has been made official for SummerSlam.
Also at Money in the Bank, The Usos would successfully defend the Tag Team Championships against The Street Profits. However, a replay would show that Montez Ford’s shoulder was actually up when the referee counted 3. Because of this, a rematch has been granted for SummerSlam.
The updated card for SummerSlam is as follows:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar – Last Man Standing match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin.
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory – Singles match for the United States Championship.
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits – Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships.
- Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Featured image: WWE