Grayson Waller will be the next in line to challenge Bron Breakker for the NXT Championship, winning the Iron Survivor Challenge at the NXT Deadline Premium Live Event.
Waller would win the match on December 10th in the match that debuted at the start of the show, with Roxanne Perez winning the women’s match. Waller would defeat Joe Gacy, Axiom, JD McDonagh and Carmelo Hayes to be next in line for the NXT Title.
The rules of the match are as follows:
- Five Superstars will compete in this unique 25-minute match as they battle each other and the clock.
- Two Superstars will start the match, and every five minutes a new Superstar will enter the match until all five are in the ring.
- The goal is to have the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes.
- Falls can be won at any time via pinfall, submission, or disqualification.
- When a Superstar scores a fall, they will earn one point.
- However, when a Superstar loses a fall, that Superstar must pay the penalty. They are forced out of the ring and into a penalty box for 90 seconds.
- Once the 90 seconds are up, the Superstar can re-enter the match.
- The Superstar who has scored the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes will be named the Iron Survivor and become the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship, respectively.
Grayson Waller got on the board immediately, scoring 2 falls as soon as he entered the match. The tension rose as the match progressed, with Hayes, Axiom and Gacy all getting 2 points with less than 5 minutes to go. Waller would pin Axiomin the final 30 seconds to get the 3rd point and win the match.
Waller wasted no time in approaching Bron Breakker. The new number one contender would attack Breakker after the champion retained the title in the main event against Apollo Crews.
The final scored in the Men’s Iron Survivor Challenge were as follows:
- Grayson Waller – 3
- Carmelo Hayes – 2
- Axiom – 2
- Joe Gacy – 2
- JD McDonagh – 0