Roxanne Perez is the next in line to challenge Mandy Rose for the NXT Women’s Championship, winning the Women’s Iron Survivor Challenge to earn the opportunity.
The victory took place at the NXT Deadline premium Live Event on Saturday, December 10th, which saw the debut of the new match concept. The entrants in the match were Cora Jade, Indi Hartwell, Kiana James, Zoey Stark and winner Roxanne Perez. The rules of the match were as follows:
- Five Superstars will compete in this unique 25-minute match as they battle each other and the clock.
- Two Superstars will start the match, and every five minutes a new Superstar will enter the match until all five are in the ring.
- The goal is to have the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes.
- Falls can be won at any time via pinfall, submission, or disqualification.
- When a Superstar scores a fall, they will earn one point.
- However, when a Superstar loses a fall, that Superstar must pay the penalty. They are forced out of the ring and into a penalty box for 90 seconds.
- Once the 90 seconds are up, the Superstar can re-enter the match.
- The Superstar who has scored the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes will be named the Iron Survivor and become the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship, respectively.
The final 3 minutes of the match would see Perez, Stark, Hartwell and Jade each have 1 point. With less than 2 minutes to go, Perez hit the Pop Roxx onto her friend turned enemy Cora Jade to go up by one point. The remaining competitors scrambled to get another point, but the time would expire, giving Perez the victory.
The final scores in the match were as follows:
- Roxanne Perez – 2
- Zoey Stark – 1
- Indi Hartwell – 1
- Cora Jade – 1
- Kiana James – 0