Sami Zayn has become the 5th participant to qualify for the Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
Zayn would qualify for the ladder match on the June 24th episode of Friday Night SmackDown, defeating Shinsuke Nakamura in the opening match of the show.
Zayn would try to use underhanded tactics to win the match by using his feet on the ropes to gain leverage. However, the referee would notice this, and would deny Zayn the victory at this point. At one point it looked like Nakamura would win the match via countout, but instead would roll Zayn back into the ring. Zayn would then quickly hit a Helluva Kick to pin Shinsuke Nakamura and advance to Money in the Bank.
Sami Zayn now joins Omos, Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre and Sheamus as participants in the match for a championship contract. The updated line-up for the Money in the Bank Premium Live Event is as follows:
- Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match – Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Omos, Sami Zayn and Seth Rollins have qualified, with 3 more entrants TBD.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella – Singles match for the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match – Lacey Evans, Liv Morgan, Shotzi, Asuka, Alexa Bliss and Raquel Rodriguez have qualified, with 2 more entrants TBD.
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits – Tag Team match for the WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championships.
- Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley – Singles match for the United States Championship.
Featured image: WWE