WWE held their quarterly investors call on Thursday, February 3rd. As posted on the WWE Corporate page, the company have posted their financial earnings from the final quarter of the year and the year of 2022 as a whole.
In the fourth quarter, WWE saw an increase in revenue and successful domestic and international Premium Live Event broadcasts. The highlights of the final quarter of 2022 are as follows:
Fourth Quarter 2022 Highlights
- Revenue was $325.3 million, an increase of 5%; Operating income was $62.7 million, a decrease of 22%; and Adjusted OIBDA was $90.2 million, a decrease of 4%
- Returned $8.9 million of capital to shareholders through dividend payments
- Crown Jewel was the most viewed international event in WWE’s history. Domestic unique viewership on Peacock increased 70% over the prior year event
- Each WWE domestic premium live event (Extreme Rules and Survivor Series) was the most viewed event in its history with year-over-year increases of 36% and 46%, respectively, in domestic unique viewership
- WWE announced a multi-year extension of its partnership with MultiChoice to expand the distribution of the Company’s content in Sub-Saharan Africa
- In January 2023, WWE held Royal Rumble at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. The event was the most viewed Royal Rumble in WWE’s history, with a 52% year-over-year increase in domestic unique viewership, and generated the highest gate in the event’s history
The full year profits show an increase in revenue once again for WWE. For the third straight year, the company have increased their revenue to record a new record high, with 2022 seeing an 18% increase to once again see a $1 billion plus total revenue for the year.
The full year highlights are as follows:
Full Year 2022 Highlights
- Revenue increased 18% to $1.3 billion, the highest in the Company’s history
- Operating income increased 11% to a record $283.3 million
- Adjusted OIBDA increased 19% to a record $384.6 million
- Returned $75.7 million of capital to shareholders, including share repurchases and dividends paid