All Elite Wrestling will present a New Year’s Smash special edition of AEW Dynamite on Wednesday, December 28th. This will also be the final episode of Dynamite in 2022.
Match 6 of the best of 7 series between Death Triangle and The Elite will be taking place at New Year’s Smash. Following Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks being victorious in the No Disqualification rules 5th match, which saw The Elite bring the score to 3-2 in Death Triangle’s favour, match 6 will be competed under Falls Count Anywhere rules. If The Elite win this match, the series will go to a sudden death with the final match being a ladder match.
A championship match will also be taking place on the show. Samoa Joe defeated Wardlow to become the new TNT Champion at The Full Gear pay-per-view, pinning Powerhouse Hobbs in a triple threat match at the event. Wardlow will be getting a one-on-one rematch for the title at New Year’s Smash.
The following matches have been announced to take place on AEW Dynamite:
- Death Triangle (3) vs. The Elite (2) – Falls Count Anywhere match. This will be match 6 in the best of 7 series
- Bryan Danielson vs. Ethan Page
- Top Flight vs. Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli
- Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale vs. Tay Melo and Anna Jay
- Samoa Joe (c) vs. Wardlow – Singles match for the TNT Championship
Featured image: AEW