The January 25th edition of AEW Dynamite will see a debut that has been a long time coming and the TNT Championship on the line.
Following the tragic and sudden passing of Jay Briscoe, there has been an outcry from the AEW fanbase to have Jay’s brother Mark appear on AEW television. However, it had been previously reported that Warner Brothers Discovery would not allow this, due to social media posts made by The Briscoes in the past.
Despite apologising and learning from their mistakes, WBD appeared to not change their stance until January 24th. In a pleasantly surprising announcement, AEW President Tony Khan revealed that Mark Briscoe would be competing on Dynamite, having his first match on AEW TV against Jay Lethal.
The TNT Championship will be defended once again on Dynamite. Champion Darby Allin will be putting the title on the line against House of Black’s Buddy Matthews on the show.
Bryan Danielson hopes to continue his journey to a title match against MJF, with the champion wanting to see Danielson ended once and for all. The American Dragon will take on Brian Cage, with MJF caring more about Danielson being injured than the result of the match.
The following matches and segments have been announced to take place at the AEW Dynamite show, which will be live from Lexington, Kentucky:
- Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal
- Jungle HOOK vs. Matt Hardy and Ethan Page
- Toni Storm vs. Ruby Soho vs. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D
- Chris Jericho and Daniel Garcia vs. Ricky Starks and Action Andretti
- Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
- The Acclaimed and The Gunns to take part in family therapy
- Darby Allin (c) vs. Buddy Matthews – Singles match for the TNT Championship
Featured image: AEW