Saraya will be having her first match in 5 years at the AEW Full Gear pay-per-view.
Saraya met Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. in the ring on the November 9th edition of AEW Dynamite. Saraya would address whether or not she can wrestle. It was then announced that a couple of weeks ago, after multiple tests that she is “100% clear.”
Following the surprise announcement, Saraya would cut an emotional promo on the former AEW Women’s Champion. Saraya would describe all the obstacles she has overcome to get into the wrestling business, then listing off her accomplishments and sacrifices. Saraya would end the promo by announcing the return match would be herself vs. Baker at AEW Full Gear, in what will be Saraya’s return match and AEW in-ring debut. Saraya would then plant Baker to the mat, screaming AEW is her house to close out the segment.
Since the surprise debut at AEW Grand Slam, many have wondered what the status of Saraya is, as the former Paige was forced to retire in 2018 while competing for WWE due to neck issues. The positive announcement now confirms that Saraya can now get physical in the ring and will be an active member of the AEW roster moving forward.
The updated card for AEW Full Gear is as follows:
- Jon Moxley (c) vs. MJF – Singles match for the AEW World Championship
- The Acclaimed vs. Swerve in Our Glory – Tag Team match for the AEW Tag Team Championships
- Toni Storm (c) vs. Jamie Hayter – Singles match for the Interim AEW Women’s Championship
- The finals of the AEW World Title Eliminator Tournament
- Chris Jericho (c) vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Sammy Guevara – 4 Way match for the Ring of Honor Championship
- Saraya vs. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D.
- Jade Cargill (c) vs. Nyla Rose – Singles match for the TBS Championship
- Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal vs. Darby Allin and Sting
Featured image: Metro