Edge will take on Finn Balor one on one for the first time ever at Extreme Rules, with the match at the Premium Live Event being an “I Quit” match.
Edge would return from the brutal attack by Judgment Day on the September 26th episode of WWE Raw. The WWE Hall of Famer would sprint to the ring following The Judgment Day attack on Matt Riddle after his match with Damian Priest. Edge would first spear Priest before laying eyes on Dominik Mysterio, who was dragged out of the ring by Rhea Ripley. Edge would then spear Balor to stand tall.
The Rated R Superstar would then grab a microphone and stated that The Judgment Day have tried to finish him, but he will keep coming back. Edge would then say that he does not quit, before challenging Finn Balor to an “I Quit” match. As previously mentioned, this is the first time that Edge and Balor have faced off one on one, and the first “I Quit” match in WWE for both competitors.
The updated line-up for Extreme Rules is as follows:
- Seth Rollins vs. Matt Riddle – Fight Pit match.
- Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – Extreme Rules match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross – Strap match.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley – Ladder match for the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Edge vs. Finn Balor – “I Quit” match
Featured image: WWE