The September 21st edition of AEW Dynamite will be the Grand Slam special edition of the AEW flagship show. The show will be broadcast from Arthur Ashe Stadium in Queens, New York.
Five championship matches have been announced to take place at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam. The biggest title match taking place will be for the vacant AEW World Championship. The Tournament of Champions will conclude as Jon Moxley will take on Bryan Danielson in the final match. The winner will become the new AEW World Champion.
The second world championship to be defended on Dynamite will be the Ring of Honor World Championship. Current title holder Claudio Castagnoli was confronted by Chris Jericho on Rampage, with the former AEW World Champion stating that the Ring of Honor title is the only one that has alluded him. Castagnoli accepted the challenge and the match will be taking place at Grand Slam.
The AEW All Atlantic Championship will be defended for the first time on Dynamite since it was won at the Forbidden Door pay-per-view. Champion PAC will be putting the title on the line against Orange Cassidy inside Arthur Ashe.
A rematch from All Out will be taking place, as The Acclaimed will once again get an opportunity to challenge for the AEW Tag Team Championships, currently held by Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland.
The following matches have been announced to take place at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam:
- Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson – Singles match to crown a new Undisputed AEW World Champion
- Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee (c) vs. The Acclaimed – Tag team match for the AEW Tag Team Championships.
- Claudio Castagnoli (c) vs. Chris Jericho – Singles match for the Ring of Honor Championship.
- PAC (c) vs. Orange Cassidy – Singles match for the AEW All Atlantic Championship.
- Toni Storm (c) vs. Serena Deeb vs. Athena vs. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. – 4 Way match for the Interim AEW Women’s Championship.
Featured image: AEW