Bianca Belair will be defending the Raw Women’s Championship against Becky Lynch at SummerSlam, in what will be a rematch from the 2021 event.
The match was confirmed on the July 18th edition of Monday Night Raw. Lynch would come to the ring before Belair defended the title against Carmella. Big Time Becks stated that WWE Official Adam Pearce has made the decision that whoever won the Women’s Championship match on Raw would go on to face Lynch at SummerSlam. Belair would successfully retain the title by hitting the KOD onto Carmella and picking up the pinfall victory:
The 2021 SummerSlam match between Lynch and Belair was one of the most infamous matches in WWE that took place that year. The EST was originally due to face Sasha Banks at SummerSlam, but The Boss was announced as unable to compete shortly before the match was due to take place. At one point it looked like Carmella would be the replacement, but instead, Becky Lynch would make a surprise return. Lynch would go on to face Belair for the title and would defeat The EST in 26 seconds, much to the shock of the WWE Universe.
The updated card for SummerSlam is as follows:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar – Last Man Standing match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin.
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory – Singles match for the United States Championship.
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits – Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships – Jeff Jarrett to be the special guest referee.
- Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- The Miz vs. Logan Paul.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Becky Lynch – Singles match for the Raw Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins vs. Riddle
Featured image: WWE