A WWE Hall of Famer will be the special guest referee for a title match at SummerSlam.
Following the controversial finish to the Tag Team Championship match at Money in the Bank, which saw The Usos retain over The Street Profits despite Montez Ford’s shoulder being up, WWE announced a rematch with a special referee.
The July 15ht SmackDown saw Angelo Dawkins face off against Jimmy Uso. The match would see the referee knocked down by Jimmy Uso, with both men then getting a visible 3 count on their opponent. The referee would then come to and count a pinfall for Dawkins despite Uso’s shoulder being up.
As both teams argued about the result, WWE Official Adam Pearce made his way to the stage. Pearce stated that there is nothing worse than losing to a questionable call, which is why a special referee is required. A video package then aired which revealed WWE Hall of Famer Jeff Jarrett will be officiating the match on July 30th. Both teams would then brawl in the ring to close out SmackDown, with multiple officials attempting to break up the brawl.
The updated card for SummerSlam is as follows:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar – Last Man Standing match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin.
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Theory – Singles match for the United States Championship.
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits – Tag team match for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships. Jeff Jarrett to serve as special guest referee.
- Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
Featured image: WWE