An originally advertised match due to take place at the Money in the Bank Premium Live Event has been changed.
Originally, Rhea Ripley earned the opportunity to face Bianca Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship at Money in the Bank. Ripley would earn the opportunity by defeating Doudrop, Alexa Bliss and Liv Morgan in a Fatal 4 Way match. However, the Raw Women’s Champion would open the June 20th Raw with the announcement that Rhea Ripley is not medically cleared to compete, so will not be appearing at Money in the Bank. Instead, a Fatal 5 Way took place to determine a new number one contender, with the entrants being Liv Morgan, Becky Lynch, Asuka, Carmella and Alexa Bliss.
The match saw multiple attempts a quick covers, with kickouts at 1 occurring frequently. The match was also evenly paced, with it looking like any one of the superstars could win. The closing moments of the match saw Alexa Bliss attempt the Twisted Bliss onto Liv Morgan, but Morgan got the knees up. Carmella would then rush to the ring and hit Liv Morgan with a superkick to become victorious.
The updated line-up for Money in the Bank is as follows:
- Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match – Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Omos and Seth Rollins have qualified, with 4 more entrants TBD.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella – Singles match for the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match – Lacey Evans, Liv Morgan, Asuka, Alexa Bliss and Raquel Rodriguez have qualified, with 3 more entrants TBD.
- The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits – Tag Team match for the WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championships.
- Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley – Singles match for the United States Championship.
Featured image: WWE