Multiple talents have advanced to the semi-finals of their respective Owen Hart Foundation Men’s and Women’s Tournaments on the May 11th episode of AEW Dynamite.
Dynamite opened and closed with quarter finals matches of the Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament. The opening match saw Adam Cole face Dax Harwood, with Cole picking up the victory and advancing to the next round. Cole would target Harwood’s ribs and end the match by forcing the FTR member to tap out to the sharpshooter.
The Dynamite main event saw the long awaited dream match between Jeff Hardy and Darby Allin take place. Earlier in the show, Allin was seen in a promotional video stating that there will be no rules in this match, as no one wants to see the two daredevils trade headlocks. The closing moment of the match saw Hardy counter the Coffin Drop into a surprise pin to pick up the victory.
In regards to the Women’s tournament, Toni Storm defeated Jamie Hayter to become the first semi-finalist in her respective tournament. Storm will face winner of Dr. Britt Baker vs. the joker entrant, with that match taking place on the may 18th broadcast.
The following matches and when they will take place have been announced by AEW:
- Ruby Soho vs. Riho – Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament quarter final match – May 13th Rampage.
- Kyle O’Reilly vs. Rey Fenix – Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament quarter final match – May 18th Dynamite.
- Samoa Joe vs. Joker entrant – Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament quarter final match – May 18th Dynamite.
- Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. vs. Joker entrant – Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament quarter final match – May 18th Dynamite.
- Adam Cole vs. Jeff Hardy – Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament semi-final match – May 18th Dynamite.
Featured image: Wrestling Inc.