Danhausen’s first match in AEW has been announced. The in-ring debut for Danhausen will take place on the May 11th episode of Dynamite, which will see the very nice/very evil superstar face Tony Nese in Long Island, New York.
Danhausen made the surprising debut for All Elite Wrestling back in January 2022, where he appeared from under the ring during the Lights Out match between Orange Cassidy and Adam Cole. Danhausen would curse Adam Cole to a huge ovation from the live crowd in attendance before returning to the back. The highly anticipated debut match was announced on social media by AEW president Tony Khan:
Following the debut, Danhausen has been seen in multiple cameo appearances by appearing either under the ring or in backstage segments. Recently, Danhausen has been targeting rising star Hook, who seems to be impervious to the cursing tactics of the very nice/very evil one. Following multiple interactions over the previous weeks, it looked like Hook and Danhausen might team up. However, before a decision could be made, Tony Nese would interrupt and try to attack both men, but was bested by Hook.
Tony Nese issued the challenge on social media, stating that he feels overlooked and has to force himself on the show. Nese would tease that he wants to face Hook, but ended the promo saying that he wants to face Danhausen.
The updated line-up for AEW Dynamite is now as follows:
- Danhausen vs. Tony Nese. This is Danhausen’s AEW in-ring debut
- The Jericho Appreciation Society to give a victory speech.
- MJF vs. Wardlow contract signing and stipulation reveal.
- CM Punk vs. John Silver.
- Ricky Starks (c) vs. Jungle Boy – Singles match for the FTW Championship.
- Toni Storm vs. Jamie Hayter – The Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament opening round match
- Adam Cole vs. Dax Harwood – The Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament opening round match.
- Jeff Hardy vs. Darby Allin – The Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament opening round match.
Featured image: AEW