Pat McAfee will face Austin Theory at WrestleMania 38.
The SmackDown commentator and podcast host will be making his main roster debut at the most stupendous event on WWE’s Premium Live Event Calendar. During a podcast episode with special guest Vince McMahon, the WWE Chairman made the announcement that McAfee would be competing at WrestleMania, with an opponent undetermined following the initial announcement.
On the March 4th episode of SmackDown, Raw star Austin Theory made a surprise appearance to confront Pat McAfee. Theory then announced that he would be facing McAfee at WrestleMania, and then slapped the commentator before retreating up the entrance ramp.
At the time of writing, it is unknown on which of the two nights the match will be taking place. The up to date WrestleMania card is as follows:
Saturday April 2nd:
- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair – Singles match for the Raw Women’s Championship.
- The Miz and Logan Paul vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio.
- Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
Sunday April 3rd:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (c) – Champion vs. Champion match for the WWE and Universal Championships.
- Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn
- Queen Zelina and Carmella (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Naomi – Tag team match for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
- Edge vs. AJ Styles
- Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory.
Featured image: WWE