Due to the holidays taking place throughout the final days of December and leading to January 1st, both WWE and AEW will see their usual programmes affected. This will include some episodes being pre-taped and some not airing on the usual timeslots.
The following episodes of WWE and AEW programming are due to take place over the Christmas and New Year period:
- Christmas Eve – Friday Night SmackDown. This show will feature a gauntlet match to crown the new number on contender to the Intercontinental Championship and Charlotte Flair defending the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Toni Storm. This show has already been taped, with the tapings taking place after the December 17th SmackDown. Click here to view spoilers from the show.
- Christmas Day – AEW will host their “Holiday Bash” edition of Rampage. At the time of writing, Sammy Guevara is due to defend the TNT Championship against Cody Rhodes. Also, Hook will be competing in his second match for AEW.
- Monday December 27th – Monday Night Raw will be airing live in the usual timeslot. This will be the go-home show to the upcoming Day 1 pay-per-view.
- Tuesday December 28th – NXT will be airing live in the usual timeslot. This will be the go-home show towards the upcoming NXT special: New Year’s Evil, taking place on January 4th.
- Wednesday December 29th – AEW Dynamite will be airing live in the usual timeslot. This will be a special edition of Dynamite titled “New Year’s Smash.” Tapings for the New Year’s Eve edition of Rampage will also be taking place at this event.
- New Year’s Eve – AEW will host the “New Year’s Smash” edition of Rampage. This will be taped on the December 29th edition of AEW Dynamite. WWE will be airing SmackDown, but this is reportedly going to be a 2021 recap show, as opposed to original content.
- New Year’s Day – WWE will host the Day 1 pay-per-view.
- Tuesday January 4th – NXT will host the “New Year’s Evil” special edition of the show. This will feature a title unification match.
Featured image: History.com