WWE have announced a new match for SummerSlam. Drew McIntyre will face Jinder Mahal in Las Vegas on Saturday August 21st.
Both former WWE champions have been feuding for a number of weeks. Initially, the former teammates had a singles match back in July. It looked like Drew would win, but the match ended in disqualification following an attack by Mahal’s new allies Veer and Shanky.
In response, The Scottish Warrior destroyed Jinder’s motorcycle on the next episode of RAW. Mahal then further retaliated by attacking Drew at Money in the Bank. Mahal, Veer and Shanky assaulted McIntyre during the Money in the Bank ladder match, costing McIntyre his chance at the briefcase.
The full card for SummerSlam is now as follows:
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Goldberg – Singles match for the WWE Championship.
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. John Cena – Singles match for the Universal Championship.
- Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair – Triple threat match for the RAW Women’s Championship.
- The Usos (c) vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio – Tag Team match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships.
- Seth Rollins vs. Edge – Singles match.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Sasha Banks – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Sheamus (c) vs. Damian Priest – Singles match for the United States Championship.
- Drew McIntyre vs. Jinder Mahal.
Featured image: WWE