More matches have been added to the SummerSlam 2021 card. Firstly, Edge will take on Seth Rollins in a match that is being billed as 7 years in the making. Back in 2014, Rollins threatened to break the WWE Hall of Famer’s neck to force John Cena to bring back The Authority. This was at a time where Edge was retired due to neck injuries.
Following The Rated R Superstar’s return to the ring, Rollins has repeatedly attacked Edge. Most notably, The Architect interfered in Edge’s Universal Championship match at Money in The Bank against Champion Roman Reigns. The interference enabled Reigns to retain his title. Following a face to face via satellite between Edge and Seth, the match was made official for August 21st:
Elsewhere on the show, a fourth championship match was made official. Following Sasha Bank’s surprise return and attack on SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair the previous week, the EST challenged the boss to a rematch from WrestleMania 37. The Boss accepted and Belair vs. Banks II has been made official.
The updated card for SummerSlam is now as follows:
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Goldberg – Singles match for the WWE Championship.
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. John Cena – Singles match for the Universal Championship.
- Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair – Triple threat match for the RAW Women’s Championship.
- The Usos (c) vs. Rey and Dominik Mysterio – Tag Team match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships.
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Sasha Banks – Singles match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship.
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins – Singles match.
Featured image: WWE